Society Diary-We meet at 8pm every 2nd Wednesday of the month at the RAFA club in Oxton (CH43 1UU).
- 9th January- AGM
- 13th February-Swindon Show prep
- 24th Feb -Gordale Workshop
- 3rd March -Gordale Workshop -Steve Tolley
- 13th March - Members Tree Critique Club show prep
- 10th April- Tony Tickle/Terry Foster -Fine wiring and ramification
- 28th April -Gordale Workshop
- 9th May-Peter Warren Subject TBC
- 26th May Gordale Workshop
- 12th June-John Moffat-Great trees of the Wirral
- 30th June -Gordale Workshop
- 10th July- Simon Jones-Subject TBC
- 28th July -Gordale Workshop
- 14th August- Club Show Tree selection
- 25th August -Gordale Workshop
- 21st-22nd September -Club show -Gordale
- 11th September-Post show talk- New Member Introduction
- 29th September-Gordale Workshop
- 9th October- TBC
- 27th October -Gordale Workshop
- 14th November- John Armitage- Japanese Exploits
- 24th November -Gordale Workshop
- 11th December- Club Party
Tuesday, 18 September 2007
Friday, 14 September 2007
Advice was then given on fertiliser and pruning which is low Nitrogen feed and start pruning Juniper's and Pine's, we can repot Juniper's and do some heavy wireing.
He then went on to prune a Shore Pine into a Literati style as highlighted below.
The raw material
Ian hard at work
Thoughts on the end goal
Thursday, 13 September 2007
Just as I return, a lot of the members leave for an entertaining weekend together (??) at the Ginkgo show.
Hope you all have a wonderful time & don't get too p***ed. --- ;)
Bring back plenty of thoughts, critical insight or merely gossip so they can be put on the blog.
---and best of luck to Lee.