Society Diary-We meet at 8pm every 2nd Wednesday of the month at the RAFA club in Oxton (CH43 1UU).
- 9th January- AGM
- 13th February-Swindon Show prep
- 24th Feb -Gordale Workshop
- 3rd March -Gordale Workshop -Steve Tolley
- 13th March - Members Tree Critique Club show prep
- 10th April- Tony Tickle/Terry Foster -Fine wiring and ramification
- 28th April -Gordale Workshop
- 9th May-Peter Warren Subject TBC
- 26th May Gordale Workshop
- 12th June-John Moffat-Great trees of the Wirral
- 30th June -Gordale Workshop
- 10th July- Simon Jones-Subject TBC
- 28th July -Gordale Workshop
- 14th August- Club Show Tree selection
- 25th August -Gordale Workshop
- 21st-22nd September -Club show -Gordale
- 11th September-Post show talk- New Member Introduction
- 29th September-Gordale Workshop
- 9th October- TBC
- 27th October -Gordale Workshop
- 14th November- John Armitage- Japanese Exploits
- 24th November -Gordale Workshop
- 11th December- Club Party
Friday, 12 November 2010
As Jim the Lad suggests "one of the best I have heard at the club since I have been there"
"Dave chatted about how important it was to look after our trees and used items to show the members what he uses or suggests for keeping his trees healthy during winter months, including polystyrene boxes, using a Fleeze or Warming jackets,making boxes and what to put inside the box to put the trees on and covering them up and what to use for cleaning the trees. Also the importance of the Dormancy period for the trees and explaining that some trees don't have one, The use of Greenhouses, Garages and different ways to keep water from freezing up in the Bonsai pot."
Jim the Lad
Friday, 5 November 2010
Looks good to me.
Plus I believe Doug's open to applying it to boxes anybody already has, so that you look 'complete', when entering your next show venue.
A link to Doug's site is below.
Thursday, 4 November 2010
This months site ( see link below ) is a new(ish) online bonsai community that purports to be a 'place to make friends, ask for advice, share the beauty of your own Bonsai collection, offer your own expertise,learn from our reference library and each other.'
I notice Jim the Lad has already found it!