Society Diary-We meet at 8pm every 2nd Wednesday of the month at the RAFA club in Oxton (CH43 1UU).
- 13th January
- 10th February
- 14th February Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 28th February Workshop - Gordale
- 9th March - Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 13th March Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 27th March Workshop - Gordale
- 13th April - Demonstration - Andy H
- 17th April Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 24th April Workshop - Gordale
- 8th May Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 11th May- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 29th May Workshop - Gordale
- 4-5th June WBS Flowering Bonsai Show - Port Sunlight GC
- 8th June - WBS Member trees critique
- 12th June Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 26th June Workshop - Gordale
- 10th July Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 13th July- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 31st July Workshop - Gordale
- 10th August- WBS Show tree selection
- 13-14th August - Wirral Flower Show
- 20th August - Japan Day, Liverpool
- 27-29th August WBS Annual Show - Gordale
- 14th September- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 11th September Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 25th September Workshop - Gordale
- 9th October Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 12th October- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 30th October Workshop - Gordale
- 9th November- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 13th November Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 26-27th November - Potter Workshop with David Jones (Walsall Studio Ceramics)
- 27th November Workshop - Gordale
- 14th December - Club Party
Thursday, 16 December 2010
Monday, 13 December 2010
Once again the food was great and the Ladies deserve a mention for there hard work, and laying out all the food plus cleaning up after everyone had enough to eat. Also Bill and Doug and Mrs Mudd stepped into the hot seat with organising the raffle and prizes Bill did his best to make sure everyone got a prize in his usual manner.
Jim the Lad
Wednesday, 1 December 2010
ofbonsai is run by Paul Stokes, who has replaced Knowledge of Bonsai with this site following encountering 'issues' with KoB.
Monday, 15 November 2010
Friday, 12 November 2010
As Jim the Lad suggests "one of the best I have heard at the club since I have been there"
"Dave chatted about how important it was to look after our trees and used items to show the members what he uses or suggests for keeping his trees healthy during winter months, including polystyrene boxes, using a Fleeze or Warming jackets,making boxes and what to put inside the box to put the trees on and covering them up and what to use for cleaning the trees. Also the importance of the Dormancy period for the trees and explaining that some trees don't have one, The use of Greenhouses, Garages and different ways to keep water from freezing up in the Bonsai pot."
Jim the Lad
Friday, 5 November 2010
Looks good to me.
Plus I believe Doug's open to applying it to boxes anybody already has, so that you look 'complete', when entering your next show venue.
A link to Doug's site is below.
Thursday, 4 November 2010
This months site ( see link below ) is a new(ish) online bonsai community that purports to be a 'place to make friends, ask for advice, share the beauty of your own Bonsai collection, offer your own expertise,learn from our reference library and each other.'
I notice Jim the Lad has already found it!
Monday, 18 October 2010
Thursday, 14 October 2010
As mentioned by Ian last night find the link to the IBC discussion below
Tuesday, 5 October 2010
Friday, 10 September 2010
Tuesday, 7 September 2010
Trees receiving -Certificate Of Merit
Les S -Shohin Display
Iain Q -Buxus
Sean D -Larch
Best Tree Voted By The Public and winner of the Dave Mitchell trophy was
Ken's -Landscape of Larches
with the trophy presented by Dave Mitchell's family