Society Diary-We meet at 8pm every 2nd Wednesday of the month at the RAFA club in Oxton (CH43 1UU).
- 13th January
- 10th February
- 14th February Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 28th February Workshop - Gordale
- 9th March - Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 13th March Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 27th March Workshop - Gordale
- 13th April - Demonstration - Andy H
- 17th April Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 24th April Workshop - Gordale
- 8th May Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 11th May- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 29th May Workshop - Gordale
- 4-5th June WBS Flowering Bonsai Show - Port Sunlight GC
- 8th June - WBS Member trees critique
- 12th June Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 26th June Workshop - Gordale
- 10th July Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 13th July- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 31st July Workshop - Gordale
- 10th August- WBS Show tree selection
- 13-14th August - Wirral Flower Show
- 20th August - Japan Day, Liverpool
- 27-29th August WBS Annual Show - Gordale
- 14th September- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 11th September Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 25th September Workshop - Gordale
- 9th October Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 12th October- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 30th October Workshop - Gordale
- 9th November- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 13th November Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 26-27th November - Potter Workshop with David Jones (Walsall Studio Ceramics)
- 27th November Workshop - Gordale
- 14th December - Club Party
Saturday, 26 March 2011
Tuesday, 22 March 2011
Last weekend the Willowbog 'Shohin off' weekend took place and a number of members and trees attended (plus somebody we used to know !!.......... well done Les.)
Friday, 18 March 2011
Monday, 14 March 2011
It would be good to boast that these are all different people........... but there not.
40k of them are probably Les- he doesn't do much with his days!!
Friday, 11 March 2011
John hard at work 'bending'.
Wednesday get together was for me an amazing evening for the way John Armitage- presented the Moving Trees Forward Session, the time just seem to flash by as he was so informative at what he was doing and demonstrated by working on at least 3 or 4 members Bonsai Trees with the odd wise-crack during the demo.
John being Chairman of the British Shohin Association and winner of countless prestigious Awards for his Bonsai Trees, had all the members enthralled in the session plus the The Lady who was serving from the Bar popped her head round the door to listen and see what John was doing with the Trees!
The Society enjoyed success At Swindon-District-Bonsai-Winter-Show-2011 and a selection of W-B-S Images can be seen at the two sites below:
Monday, 7 March 2011
The AGM was well attended with some new members joining so that was great news.
Simon T visited the club and was on hand to give expert advice on a larch group which Dee was seeking help with and it attracted a few members listening to what Simon had to say and chip in with their opinions
There,s a few interesting things that was put forward to help move the club forward and Dave Y made some solid suggestion and if all goes well 2011 should see members improving their knowledge and their Bonsai Trees with a more hands on approach at we all hope with more workshops between W-B-S and V-O-C-B-S but Dave Y will fill you in with more on that
It was another good night at the society with the Committee looking to take the club forward and made many good suggestion as how to improve our standing in the World of Bonsai in the UK or even further
The members were enthusiastic and got involved in the discussions and agree help the committee in their effect to do so and the Vice Chair Reminded the Members It a Members club and not just for the same ones getting involved all the time.