|double click to enlarge|
Monday, 20 February 2012
At the Swindon Winter image Show it has been confirmed that Scousers have the Best Accent, they beat off the Welsh, Scots Midlanders and all comers to prove that the Scouse Accent is Best.
Well done lads for getting a Merit Award for the Club Display and winning Best Accent Award at this prestigious show
Les S (Scouser in Exile)
Pictures can be seen using links below.
- Best Shohin display was by Mark & Ritta Cooper
- Best Mame display was by Bob Bailey
- Best Conifer was the Chinese Juniper that was owned by Martin Shepherd
- Best Deciduous tree was the Trident Maple by Mark Cooper
- Best Chuhin was the Elm of Will Baddeley
- Best Visiting Society was the Artistic Bonsai Circle
- Best Accent sponsored by John Trott was by Ian Warhurst from Wirral Bonsai Society
- Best in Show was the Trident Maple of Mark Cooper
- Best Tree/Pot combination was the Pyracantha by Mark Cooper
- Best individual Shohin award from the British Shohin Association went to Paul Hunt of Swindon & District Bonsai Society
- Special Merit award was given to Wirral Bonsai Society
Pictures can be seen using links below.
Thanks to Jim for the links
Thursday, 16 February 2012
Saturday, 11 February 2012
Well... hasn't time flown...
I'd like to say a big thank you to Jim for his excellent input over the last year, long may it continue.
It's safe to say his input has given a fresh impetuous to the blog content, something that was probably waining due my time being taken up elsewhere.
Friday, 10 February 2012
Wednesday, 8 February 2012
You may notice a new addition below every post, its an addition to Blogger that allows linking posts to popular social network sites, endorsing posts to other bloggers and commenting on posts.
See what you think and use as you see fit.
Plus Iv'e removed the blog poll at the bottom of the page (which suffered from multiple spam votes!) and replaced it with a list of the most recent popular posts.
Tuesday, 7 February 2012
Wednesday, 1 February 2012
WORLD BONSAI PHOTO CONTEST
These books were available for us to collect while at the ASPAC Convention in Takamatsu, Japan last November, and extremely heavy they were to bring home (in our case 20 copies for the UK & Europe).
I am attaching the Poster, Requirements for entry, and the Entry Form itself. I hope you will print these out and consider entering one of your trees. As proven by ‘Best of British’ and other shows staged in the UK, we have some amazing trees, and so, with plenty of time to get our acts together, lets show the rest of the World Bonsai public what we are capable of.
European Co-ordinator, World Bonsai Photo Contest
|Requirements for entry|
Hello and welcome to the Wirral Bonsai Society Blog - an ongoing diary & newsletter highlighting the adventures of the society & its members
Society Diary-We meet at 8pm every 2nd Wednesday of the month at the RAFA club in Oxton (CH43 1UU).
- 13th January
- 10th February
- 14th February Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 28th February Workshop - Gordale
- 9th March - Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 13th March Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 27th March Workshop - Gordale
- 13th April - Demonstration - Andy H
- 17th April Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 24th April Workshop - Gordale
- 8th May Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 11th May- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 29th May Workshop - Gordale
- 4-5th June WBS Flowering Bonsai Show - Port Sunlight GC
- 8th June - WBS Member trees critique
- 12th June Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 26th June Workshop - Gordale
- 10th July Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 13th July- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 31st July Workshop - Gordale
- 10th August- WBS Show tree selection
- 13-14th August - Wirral Flower Show
- 20th August - Japan Day, Liverpool
- 27-29th August WBS Annual Show - Gordale
- 14th September- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 11th September Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 25th September Workshop - Gordale
- 9th October Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 12th October- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 30th October Workshop - Gordale
- 9th November- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 13th November Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 26-27th November - Potter Workshop with David Jones (Walsall Studio Ceramics)
- 27th November Workshop - Gordale
- 14th December - Club Party
New members are always welcome, just come along to one of our monthly meetings at the RAFA club. You can even 'try us out' for a few months before you decide on joining as an official member. The meetings are informal (there's a bar!) and the club members are (mostly) friendly, approachable and happy to pass on guidance and information to anybody interested in bonsai- whatever your level of experience.