Society Diary-We meet at 8pm every 2nd Wednesday of the month at the RAFA club in Oxton (CH43 1UU).
- 9th January- AGM
- 13th February-Swindon Show prep
- 24th Feb -Gordale Workshop
- 3rd March -Gordale Workshop -Steve Tolley
- 13th March - Members Tree Critique Club show prep
- 10th April- Tony Tickle/Terry Foster -Fine wiring and ramification
- 28th April -Gordale Workshop
- 9th May-Peter Warren Subject TBC
- 26th May Gordale Workshop
- 12th June-John Moffat-Great trees of the Wirral
- 30th June -Gordale Workshop
- 10th July- Simon Jones-Subject TBC
- 28th July -Gordale Workshop
- 14th August- Club Show Tree selection
- 25th August -Gordale Workshop
- 21st-22nd September -Club show -Gordale
- 11th September-Post show talk- New Member Introduction
- 29th September-Gordale Workshop
- 9th October- TBC
- 27th October -Gordale Workshop
- 14th November- John Armitage- Japanese Exploits
- 24th November -Gordale Workshop
- 11th December- Club Party
Saturday, 26 March 2011
Tuesday, 22 March 2011
Last weekend the Willowbog 'Shohin off' weekend took place and a number of members and trees attended (plus somebody we used to know !!.......... well done Les.)
Friday, 18 March 2011
Monday, 14 March 2011
It would be good to boast that these are all different people........... but there not.
40k of them are probably Les- he doesn't do much with his days!!
Friday, 11 March 2011
John hard at work 'bending'.
Wednesday get together was for me an amazing evening for the way John Armitage- presented the Moving Trees Forward Session, the time just seem to flash by as he was so informative at what he was doing and demonstrated by working on at least 3 or 4 members Bonsai Trees with the odd wise-crack during the demo.
John being Chairman of the British Shohin Association and winner of countless prestigious Awards for his Bonsai Trees, had all the members enthralled in the session plus the The Lady who was serving from the Bar popped her head round the door to listen and see what John was doing with the Trees!
The Society enjoyed success At Swindon-District-Bonsai-Winter-Show-2011 and a selection of W-B-S Images can be seen at the two sites below:
Monday, 7 March 2011
The AGM was well attended with some new members joining so that was great news.
Simon T visited the club and was on hand to give expert advice on a larch group which Dee was seeking help with and it attracted a few members listening to what Simon had to say and chip in with their opinions
There,s a few interesting things that was put forward to help move the club forward and Dave Y made some solid suggestion and if all goes well 2011 should see members improving their knowledge and their Bonsai Trees with a more hands on approach at we all hope with more workshops between W-B-S and V-O-C-B-S but Dave Y will fill you in with more on that
It was another good night at the society with the Committee looking to take the club forward and made many good suggestion as how to improve our standing in the World of Bonsai in the UK or even further
The members were enthusiastic and got involved in the discussions and agree help the committee in their effect to do so and the Vice Chair Reminded the Members It a Members club and not just for the same ones getting involved all the time.