By way of a follow up to my club presentation last year on 'Virtual Bonsai' and to cover requests from members on 'how do you do this?' once a month I intend to highlight a virtual tip, task or technique I use when doing virtuals.
From the outset I think its important to convey that though I use photo manipulation software as part of my business, I wouldn't describe myself as an expert. I have heard it told that when using any software, individuals only tend to use a tenth of the software's capabilities; they just tend to use a different tenth to everybody else!! So please bear this in mind when reviewing the hints- there is always more than one way to skin a cat!!
I use Photoshop, the industry leading software for this type of work; and will therefore demonstrate using this software. The theory should transfer to other software (unless it's really basic & then I would suggest that if your serious about doing virtuals, you need to get you're wallet out!!) -it will probably just be achieved differently, so you may have to find your software manual.
(I'm aware this is a bonsai club site & some may not be interested in virtuals at all -so ill try to keep it brief, review how its going & if it starts to get too large or uninteresting let me know!!!.....cue Les.)
So if there's anything your interested in achieving or need help with, let me know and I can attempt to show (or figure out!) how its done.
Hello and welcome to the Wirral Bonsai Society Blog - an ongoing diary & newsletter highlighting the adventures of the society & its members
Society Diary-We meet at 8pm every 2nd Wednesday of the month at the RAFA club in Oxton (CH43 1UU).
- 13th January
- 10th February
- 14th February Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 28th February Workshop - Gordale
- 9th March - Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 13th March Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 27th March Workshop - Gordale
- 13th April - Demonstration - Andy H
- 17th April Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 24th April Workshop - Gordale
- 8th May Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 11th May- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 29th May Workshop - Gordale
- 4-5th June WBS Flowering Bonsai Show - Port Sunlight GC
- 8th June - WBS Member trees critique
- 12th June Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 26th June Workshop - Gordale
- 10th July Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 13th July- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 31st July Workshop - Gordale
- 10th August- WBS Show tree selection
- 13-14th August - Wirral Flower Show
- 20th August - Japan Day, Liverpool
- 27-29th August WBS Annual Show - Gordale
- 14th September- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 11th September Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 25th September Workshop - Gordale
- 9th October Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 12th October- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 30th October Workshop - Gordale
- 9th November- Monthly meeting - Topic TBC
- 13th November Workshop - Port Sunlight GC
- 26-27th November - Potter Workshop with David Jones (Walsall Studio Ceramics)
- 27th November Workshop - Gordale
- 14th December - Club Party
New members are always welcome, just come along to one of our monthly meetings at the RAFA club. You can even 'try us out' for a few months before you decide on joining as an official member. The meetings are informal (there's a bar!) and the club members are (mostly) friendly, approachable and happy to pass on guidance and information to anybody interested in bonsai- whatever your level of experience.